Dress for Success
It is better to dress conservatively than make a statement with your clothes. Dress for your MBA interview as you would dress for a traditional job interview. It’s easy to get this part right - just follow the guidelines in this section.
- Suit - in a conservative colour like navy, black or dark grey. Make sure you wear the jacket.
- Shirt - long sleeved button up shirt, ideally white or light blue.
- Tie - silk, in solid colour like red or blue.
- Shoes - Leather lace up shoes. Make sure they are polished.
- Socks - dark and matching.
- Belt - subtle, simple and a colour that matches your suit.
- Deodorant, but not a strong fragrance.
- No gum!
- Suit - 2 piece suit, either skirt or pant suit fine.
- If skirt - make sure it covers your thighs when seated.
- If pants - make sure they are well tailored.
- Make sure you wear the jacket.
- Blouse - light coloured.
- Shoes - closed-toe heel, with heel height 1-3 inches. Wear shoes you can easily walk in.
- Stockings - dark or nude colour.
- Jewelry - conservative, matches outfit.
- Makeup - subtle, conservative.
- Nails - well groomed, subtle colour if painted.
- Deodorant, but not strong fragrance.
- Handbag (optional). If you bring a handbag, make sure it’s a size that can fit notebook and laptop.
- No gum!